The aim of this research project is to develop a general framework to be used as a reference manual for the economic evaluation of transport projects in Spain. Starting from the existing literature on Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA), our model particularly focuses on five major areas:
- Demand forecasting and the influence of forecast procedures on project appraisal.
- Cost estimation, including both users’ and producers’ costs.
- Identification and measurement of external effects associated with transport projects.
- Comparative analysis of different scenarios of institutional design.
- Measurement and quantification, if any, of distributional effects.